Life in a marginal: my poster's bigger than yours

An increasing focus on local elections as Labour send me a leaflet advertising the Jeff Smith/Matt Strong two candidate combo deal:


Good stat work there with the claim that the Lib Dem candidate (who he?) has voted with the Tories 93% of the time in the last parliament. Just guessing but I imagine it's the other 7% of votes that are the important ones.

More exciting is the other side of the leaflet which doubles up as a poor man's window poster:



Even if I was in a poster-displaying mood I think I'd be too embarrassed to put one up featuring text-speak, but I have seen them go up in a few windows so clearly it's a worthwhile use of leaflet space.

The Lib Dems, however, have trumped these puny A4 signs with a supersized hashtag in the middle of Chorlton:



I thought political hoardings died out sometime in the mid-90s and spotting one this time round would be as likely as ever hearing a new Blur album. We live and learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would a Labour Brexit look like?

Are Starmer's pledges worth the paper they were written on?

Unseen Academicals and the meaning of sport